Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walnut Pate
 Login/Join

posted
I am so excited the time has come for a shift in the body of my work and my first "Raw Food Prep" class is scheduled in Florida on Dec. 14th. Come one come all and join in the excitement of a vital new life. And watch for the postings of Food Prep classes all over the country.
Try this recipe for a delicious new way to get some protein.
Walnut Pate

2 Cups walnuts
2 stalks celery
1 large red bell pepper
1 large scallion
1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Suggested: Served as is...rolled in a lettuce leaf...on top of a salad or on crackers.

Enjoy....

Health benefits:
Walnuts :Walnut seeds are a kidney tonic in Chinese Medicine. They will relieve constipation due to dehydration and are beneficial for back, brain and skin clarity.
The OMRDD (a nutritional organization) found walnut extract able to break down beta protein- the principal component of plaque in the brains of Alzheimers patients. Proven Heart Health benefits by decreasing inflamation and reducing substances that promote clogged arteries.

Red Bell Peppers This delicious food helps prevent heart disease, stroke,and cataracts. Full of vitamins A and C rich with cancer fighting carotenoids.

Celery A Natural pain reliever (can juice celery and have a no pain cocktail). Restorative in urinary tract infections rheumatoid arthritis. Helps clear toxins from the system as a duiretic.

Have some delicious medicine and feel your energy rise.
Blessings and Bon Appetit

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Gegezewly>
posted
Make peace, not war!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or make Pate Big Grin

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 100% raw. I made the Walnut Pate, it was not quite as good as your's Kathleen, and it is fine for now until I can get a better food processor that has a work horse motor. I had set my goal previously and no extensions allowed as I will work with what is for now.
My head is so clear, high energy, pain continues to decrease in my body, there is such a heightened sense of awareness for me, and I will continue to lose weight, AND NO CRAVINGS. It's funny how tricky my mind is as I will think of something and then remember "Hey Girl that will not fit into your walk on the Raw Road".
I still see some fear coming up and with my heightened sense of awareness again I will continue to have patience with myself and eventually work thru that. VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kathleen>
posted
It is important to identify where the fear is. For example you can begin by locating it in your "thoughts". From here you can begin to work backward through what it is exactly that you fear. And you can at that point, notice how much is serving and how much is ego related(which at this stage isn't serving). It is a process, and you must begin to use the "clear headedness" to do this work. When I say "we have to do the work" this is some of the dynamics I am speaking to.
There is a place where fear is a valuable experience, it can motivate, move or drive us in ways that could not otherwise occur. The function of the adreanals in the "fight/flight" phenomenon.
It is extremely valuable to look at your perceptions of fear. Is it something that you "believe" you "should" never experience? If so you will always have difficulty moving forward. For as we move forward we are moving into unchartered territory and our systems are set up to be alerted, even fearful sometimes to keep our alert attention pitched to a point that will drive us on.
ON the other hand there is a phenomenon known as the fear of the ego when there is a realization that it will no longer be functioning in the way it has previously..as in some of the beliefs, younger aspects and so on. To just be caught up in "I exeperience fear", and therefore something is "wrong"...will keep you spinning...to begin to discern what is actually happening will bring you into a more mature relationship with feelings that are always going to "come up."
Even the term "come up" is telling...as it is pitching awareness toward the surfacing of emotions/feelings that are ready to be distinguished.
Going 100% raw will bring forward toxic experiences of all kinds to be cleared. Not to be pushed under the carpet again to resurface another day. This is the process of clearning. So if you are eating only raw food, be prepared for a toxic cleansing, and it often looks and feels like resurfacing of old material, that has not yet been cleansed.
So work with the fear, don't just surpress it again like you have in the past. Actually get in relationship with it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to read your piece tomorrow again before I respond as it was so indepth and there is so much information that applies directly to me.

Today I worked a 16 hour day because most all my staff are sick with the flu. When I went to work today I was not expecting to work extra hours so I did not take extra food. I had my green shake this AM with my Tecccino. For lunch I had some walnut pate wrapped in lettuce leaves with fruit and with no other raw food and working until 11PM. Well I did it and it was not that difficult because I made a pledge toward focused learning in Wisdom Bridges.
For a female who has experienced blood sugar issues the majority of my life; I was completely clear headed, no starving feelings. For me I just removed the bars to a self made prison where I have spent my life. Choices can be made very unconsciousness, and I accept I did pently of that in the past.
For me this is a beautiful moment and with many more to come.

This AM before leaving for work I noticed this strange sensation in my joints and muscles as they were letting go and relaxing. I had never experienced it before and I recognized what was happening.
For me the reward is so great I will remain completely raw and do it one day at a time until I get thru all the firsts with this new way of living.
I will step over the next supposed obstcale tomorrow when my daughter comes to visit from the mountains and I am called to live out my integity with myself. Besides I have enought fear to work out in dwelling into the underlying issues and I am not going to cause myself added pain of betrayal toward myself.

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the following and currently see how it has played out for me.I believe I have always carried strong aspects of fear since I have been in this life. I wonder if that is one of the major lessons I came into this life to learn and heal.
Life presents us with repeated opportunities to face what we fear, what we need to become conscious of and/or master. Each time we cycle around the spiral path to a place that gives us difficulty, we can gain more consciousness to respond more wisely the next time.
I don't see that I have appropriately done this for myself in a substainial way , seems only in little pieces.
I feel the fear in my throat, and I see it in my thoughts, sometimes I feel it is in my stomach. This aspect of fear has not served me well, and I can see in other instances of feeling fear where it has motivated me to move forward.
I see currently again(with clear headiness) that I made and then I imbedded that decision to believe that I could not measure up, and so why try, just look for some security and safe place to park and exist in life,( because I've had no focused belief with appropriate action that I can be successful)and maybe I did not want to measure up.
Instead it was easier to play the poor victim with the belief she can't do anything well, so she gets attention but nrgative attention(acting unconscious with important decisions like my future) Oh! what an unpleasant way to treat myself.
I see a pattern of carrying the fear from one authorizaian situation to another one, is an effective way to hold the self back and be in fear daily.
I am tired of this and with my current level of clearness I have no plans to sweep any thing under the rug as I consciously know better.
On a concious level I want to do some of the opposites and we cannot walk two paths at once so I allowed the first one to be dominant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vonda,

posted Hide Post
When my daughter came today and invited me to lunch. I informed her what I needed to eat for my health and well being. We made a decision to eat at Madd Greens. My salad was raw and none of the other unraw items.
She made a statement something like this "Mom I have always noticed what an obessive focus you have had on food, and I don't see it now". I said Thanks You and stayed out of my ego.
I no longer need the colace meds and I have cut the enzymes dramatically.
So I will continue walking each day on the raw road just like when I quit smoking up to 3 packs of cigarettes a day year ago.
I agree that I am letting go of lots of toxins and a major pattern I have carried the majority of my life.
I am going to embrace the fact I am in fear and move myself patiently thru this as I see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.
I am really seeing clearly that even iced tea or tea drinks cannot be togehter with my new program because they are too close to the slippery slope.

posted Hide Post
SmilerWisdom recognizes the slope and knows how slippery it can be.

posted Hide Post
From Vonda's post
quote:
acting unconscious with important decisions like my future) Oh! what an unpleasant way to treat myself.

Now, can you even forget the future, and come into the present?
Today is a gift, that is why they call it the present. Enjoy the gift of each moment. Tenderness with yourself is a way to say "thank you" for this moment.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, VL

posted Hide Post
This continuing journey on the raw road shows me more benefits every day. Even when I go deeper and come in touch with some of the odors my body releases. I am also conscious of others body odors, this is not meant as judgement, it brings it home to me what a polluted society of bodies we are living in, including myself. This sense of smell is new for me due to working in a nursing home for so many years people seem to become out of touch with odors. My sense of smell has become very acutely aware. Along in being present with the odors is also the episodes of anxiety/impatience, laying quietly in bed for hours due to need for sleep and unable to get there. Just peacefully and quietly being present and asking the self what is this? My sense is I am riding a big roller coaster in this adventurous journey of releasing my toxins.
I am giving my cookware away this weekend to someone who can use it. I am keeping one pan until I buy a proper tea kettle.
I am using on average about nine cups of Chia Milk a week.
You were right Kathleen, my body can have raw and unrefined honey and what a tasty and almost sexual experience,( not meant in a vulgar way)and great addition for my Licorice Root Tea. VL

I had an interesting experience in taking care of nutritional business daily this week as I broke my green shake on the way to work and was flying by the seat of my pants for food. My blood sugar was haywire. this is the first time I have revisited this in months ans it was a great educational experience in taking care of business. What was interested is I came home and had a shake and my body developed balance again more quickly than I had expected. The body sense knows what it needs and it just needs to human to carry thru appropriately,a nd yes I see my shake breaking as my unconscious way I handle things without focus and proper planning. Good lesson I gave myself in present learning.
These type of experiences remind me how I am harnessing that wounded child and victim, as in the past I would have slid into another direction. VL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vonda,