Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raw Foods
 Login/Join

posted
Kathleen: I'm looking for an easy milk to make. I have given up my goats milk and goats yougart. I will be investigating if there is a way to make raw in the future. I have a recipe for Raw Hempseed Milk. Have you ever drank it or used in in products.

What is your opinion of raw pecan milk for every day use. My uderstanding is that pecan milk can taste more like egg nog.

I'm looking forward to making my raw cream of Zucchini soup.

I have a great Dreamy Sour Cream recipe I am making, oh its so easy.

I have raw pumpkin pie recipe I am mailing to you and I have not tired it yet, and plan to make it for Xmas.

It's amazing how pleasurable raw dining is. It enables my mind to be more quiet and peaceful. I still roast my organic beets, and boiled eggs.

Are you aware of a tasty raw way to have beets beside in raw juice.

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AS for milk the two I like are Chia Seed Milk and Almond Milk.
Both of these are highly nutritious and tasty.
Almond Milk is easy.
It is best from an enzymatic standpoint to soak the almonds overnight and then refrigerate what you don't use immmedialtey (drain all water off before refrigerating.
Often I am not far enough ahead of the game and use almonds that are not soaked. Either way it is good and much better than any dairy products. Which is where boiled eggs fall, is dairy and it isn't recommended.
So the milk...About a cup of almonds a dash of vanilla and two soaked and pitted dates. Put all in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour thorugh a nut milk bag to drain out almond meat. And Bonsai you have Almond milk. Which I love and use for everything.
Also Chia Seed Milk.
And yes the seeds are just the same as Chia pet seeds. Better to purchase them in bulk however.
Soak in 3C water
4T Chia Seeds
2T walnuts
Soak overnight
Put soaked seeds and almonds in Blender
Add 2T Raw Tahini
2T Honey and blend until smooth.
I have used Brazil nuts for the recipe of Almond milk and like that also.
I don't use pecans because they are too rich and overtake most of the flavors I use milk for.

As for beets, there are several recipe's...I simply shred them and use them in salads. They are delicious that way.
Enjoy Good eating.
I have a great pumpkin soup, pie and bread all raw also.
This is a good place to share those recipe's.
Bon Appetit! Big Grin

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hemp seed milk is good also, it is full of Omega's all three. And very good for the body.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For three days I did not have any dairy at all, not even any eggs. I can bless my busy schedule to my not taking the time to boil any. Guess what my odor dropped dramatically. During that time I was drinking my detrox tea, dry skin brushing and taking my salt baths as usual
I had some dairy today which was whipped cream from whole Foods and I hit the wall.
I am so blessed I need to stay away from Dairy and Wheat as my personal opinion has been for some time that there is a lot of hype on their health benefits but they are certainly not acceptable in my body.
The next step I need to make in this area is to go back to using my organic coconut oil on my skin and give up all the creams. I did this in Ca for a long time. After I would take my bath I would apply the oil and then pat my skin dry.
Several weeks ago I was looking at the Lakewood brand of Organic Pure Aloe Gel, my sense is this is another product I could use for a body product.
I also have information that MSG is added into beauty products and I have not been able to handle that in foods for some time. I would not feel well when using some products on my face and neck. I have also learn Wheat residue is added to some products but not always listed as that on the label just like in foods.
It is my opinion we can eat raw yet if a person continues to use the products with all the chemicals on their skin then for me I am defeating the main purpose.

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great information. I will be looking forward to trying them ( beets etc).
Do you have any tips on raw sweet potatoes . I love to roast them , and now I need an alternative method to enjoy them.
I'm so excited about the class in January.
I will look forward to any other recipes you want to share.
I was buying my wheat free bread at Deby's but she uses dairy in her products so I have not had any bread for months, and would welcome any recipes you want to share.
I also gave up the carrot juice. What is your opinion on red cabbage,celery, apple,juiced together. It has been one of my favorites in the past. Do you think it puts too much sugar in the body.vl

posted Hide Post
Sweet Potatoes or Yams are great just shredded like carrots into your salad. Just peel and shred into salad. I also cut up sticks like carrot sticks and eat them with almond butter. I like them just peeled and cut to whatever is best for what I am wanting to eat.
Also a sweet Potato pie recipe that is great for this time of year and I find delicious.
This recipe is from Alissa Cohen's book Living on Live Food...my fav non cook book.

Crust:
2C almonds
1/2 C dates, pitted and soaked
IN a food processor grind the almonds until fine.
Add the dates and blend until smooth. Press into a pie plate and set aside.

Filling:
5C sweet potatoes (or yams)
8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
1/4 c apple juice ( be sure you make the apple juice so it is raw or get it at a raw juice bar)
1t cinnamon
1t vanilla

Peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks place them in a food processor and blend until well blended Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into Pie crust shell.

Frosting:
2 oranges juiced
6 dates pitted and soaked
2T Lemon juice
2 T almond butter (be sure it is raw )
1 T orange rind
1 T lemon rind

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Spread over the pie and chill.

This is best when you let is sit overnight in the fridge and let the flavors blend. And it can be eaten immediately also.

It is one of my favorites this time of the year.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the recipe. I will look forward to trying it in the future. This week I had yams in the fridge to bake, instead I had them raw three days for lunch like carrot sticks. they were yummy. I look forward to tying them with Almond Butter.
In the future I will check out the cook book recommendation. I found one several months ago that I like using. It is called Alive in 5 Raw gourment meals in five minutes by Angela Elliott.