www.kathleenb.com    Heart of Living    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Forums/Comments  Hop To Forums  Living Food Alchemy    Raw Cashew/Cheesecake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raw Cashew/Cheesecake
 Login/Join

posted
I prepared this for our Wisdom Bridges Group the other night and it was a great success. And I promised I would post the recipe.

Crust:
2 C almonds
1 C Raisins

Place the almonds in a food processor and blend until fine. Add raisins and blend until the mixture is well blended. Pat into a pie plate.

Filling:
4 Cups Cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours, overnight is good)
1 large lemon juiced
8 Tbs. Raw Honey
2 Tsp. Vanilla
1 C water

Place the cashews, honey, vanilla, lemon and water in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Remove the mixture from the blender and stir in fruit if you like for you cheesecake (like blueberries, raspberries etc. about 2 cups fruit if you like)
Pour the filling into the crust and chill for several hours, best if chilled overnight.

I often put the fruit on top and do not add any to the creamy filling.

The filling can be made in the food processor but will be creamier if you use a Vita-Mix or strong blender.

Note: I have made this in a hurry without soaking the cashews...in that case you really need to use the vita-mix to make it creamy.
Enjoy it is delicious and very sweet.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im looking forward to trying this recipe. I am going to need to add raw honey to my shopping list when I come to Denver. This is a supposive downside to living up here either the product is too overpriced or quality is suspect. Although I see it as a hidden benefit as it motivates me to come down once a month which also works out well for attending the group. Currently I only keep raw agava in house.
A motivating benefit for me is for several months when I try using regular honey or agava it tastes unpleasant to me. Oh the blessings of intergrating raw foods.VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could 'try' it with raw agave. I don't think the flavor will be the same and it may be just as good. Although, I do like honey in these kinds of things.

Vonda, do you make Kefir? If so how do you make it?

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I dn't make Kerfir. I have seen it yet never tried it . Can you give me more ingormation as thaat might be something new to ass into my eating program.
I had allow myself to slide into the ditch from the Raw road and I am back peacefully on the road and my cravings have subsided. The pain in my hands and body have declined dramatrically. vl

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can you give me more ingormation as thaat might be something new to ass into my eating program.

This sentence "cracks me up" Vonda.

I am not at all sure you want to "ass into your eating". That seems backwards to me. Big Grin Eeker Smiler
And I always read "in-gor-mation" as engorgement.
So from a Freudian perspective, yes, you need to get your eating straightened out. Wink