New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sun Foods
 Login/Join

posted
No luck in getting to that spot. I need more instruction. Thanks, VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathleen my last message was requesting how to get to Sun foods. My directions were not working. Thanks, VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First you don't come into this FORUM. You go to the Home page of the website and look for the button "living food alchemy" and when that page comes up there is a banner, click onto that and you will go directly into Sunfood Nutrition site. They have a great site for foods and supplements.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been going into the area you named and my computer says this page cannot be found. I clicked on the little banner. Thanks, VL

posted Hide Post
I was able to get into Raw Teacher web site this week and some things on my priotity list is to purhase a dehydrater and Alisa's book and DVD. In my experience it is difficult to be raw without the above machine. I saw several other things(foods) on there that I also want to explore.
I had a learning experience last weekend at a resturant (a xmas present from a friend) where I was having a salad with Balsamlic Vingear on it. Wow my throat closed up on the first bite and I had quite a reaction. My body is saying Girl you have to be walking the Raw Road and when you creatively go off on a tangent well there are consequences.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vonda:
I was able to get into Raw Teacher web site this week and some things on my priotity list is to purhase a dehydrater and Alisa's book and DVD. In my experience it is difficult to be raw without the above machine. I saw several other things(foods) on there that I also want to explore.
I had a learning experience last weekend at a resturant (a xmas present from a friend) where I was having a salad with Balsamlic Vingear(can only have real apple cider) on it. Wow my throat closed up on the first bite and I had quite a reaction. My body is saying Girl you have to be walking the Raw Road and when you creatively go off on a tangent well there are consequences.

posted Hide Post
Vonda, are your postings double posting due to using the "quote" reply or are you intentionally double posting? Seems to be repeating.
Anyway you are right the banner that was from sunfood nutrition was not working, (and still isn't), and instead if you go into the Raw Teacher on that site there is a "store button" and you can order a great deal of what you need there if you like.
Otherwise just use your regular browser and go to
Sunfood Nutrition and find it there.
It depends on what you want to eat to be Raw whether or not you need a dehydrator. I know I couldn't get along without mine at this point. And my Vita-Mix and my food processor (which is really the work horse, in my kitchen).
I have occasionally had similar experiences when eating something that has not been my regular diet.
I like what Ann Wigamore says (and she seems to be the GrandMother of the Raw Food movement, with the Hippocrates diet). It is what you eat every day that makes the difference. What you enjoy once in a while will not have that great an effect if you are doing a daily conscious eating program.
So maybe your mind, or your body was just responding to something you may be allergic to, dunno...interesting things these bodies of ours.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have already established I need a dehyrator. I have been working on the Raw Road all during this time. I want to have items such as the flax crakers etc. So I will continue to perservere until I can purchase myself one ASAP.

Re Postings I am using the Quote Button and I will need to figure out so I don't double Post.

posted Hide Post
I use the quote button when the reply button is not avaliable.

posted Hide Post
You can purchase the flax crackers at Whole Foods on Wadsworth. That is possible until you get a dehydrator. Cost is a function of this the crackers like any other food, prepared are more expensive and a dehydrator is fairly inexpensive. So until you get your dehydrator you needn't go without the crackers.

posted Hide Post
When is the "reply" button not available? I have never seen that? So I am very curious under what circumstance the reply button does not work. Need to know.

posted Hide Post
I will be getting mysef machine shortly as they pay for themselves many times over. I understand the cost of alternative food as I have eaten gulten free for sometime. I really miss pizza and with the machine I will be able to have it. I'm hoping to order Alisa's cookbook this weekend. Re the reply button I will show you tomorrow when I come for the appt. VL

posted Hide Post
Well this is for anyone who has any lingering doubts of using Chia Seeds here's my experience: I made the milk this AM from the seeds I soaked last night. WoW! How tasty is in in my green shake. I am not sure I could not remember all the ingredents Kathleen puts in hers , I added fresh ginger, vanilla, and agava.
I had been using soy milk for years and found out it is not disgesable. Another neat change for me.

posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you switched from the soy, the reports on digestability of that aren't good.
The recipe I use for my Chia Milk is:
3Cups filtered water
4 T Chia Seeds
about 4 raw walnuts
let this soak overnight.
Put soaked ingredients into blender and add
2 T raw Tahini
2 T Raw honey
Dash of vanilla
and Blend
I have substituted Agave for honey and it is good.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder on the ingredents. VL