www.kathleenb.com    Heart of Living    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Forums/Comments  Hop To Forums  Living Food Alchemy    Some of my favorite things
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of my favorite things
 Login/Join

posted
I purchased the Space Clearing Spray and is it ever helpful when working in an office environment where there are unpleasant meetings and stressed families. I had one on Friday afternoon at 4:30pm. This ended up being a 12 hour work day for me. At any other time It would have been a dreaded experience. All the people in the room moved smoothly and were calm, cooperative. The other two family members on the each phone line for the conference call was another situation. For me this is an intervention I will not be without in the future.
The spiral slicer is a handy tool for spiralzing items. For me is a must in raw food prep.
The Cook book by Alissa Cohen made a wonderful Mother's Day Gift to myself.
I'm looking forward to practicing with my dehyrator, and having some yummy crackers. I also paln to experiment making dried cherries this fall.
I have not used my nut milk bags and I am going to experiment using them for spourting.
My Food Processor is such a Gem. I use it regularly. Just made another tasty Tort.
I am finally accepting my body will not accept Raw and unprocessed Goat's Milk and and am returing to my favorite Chia Seed Milk for my Morning Shake. I was experiementing and my body said "NO".
My Sealing System is such a nifty and money saving appliance. I especially like the containers and use the regulaly. I am still practicing with the bags.
And last but not least is the wonderful DVD of the stretching exercises. Dear Kathleen gave me all the steps in a session and I continued to struggle in doing them well. I finally accepted that my brain does not function well in receiving information in that form. Currently using the DVD is a whiz for me. The person who does the talking is a stutterer. For some people it might be agitating listening to him. For me I see him as a courageous person, and I admire his strong intention. I remember when I was a stutterer I would not have that much courage to allow myself to flow thru rough onsets and difficult words. I remember when I was involved in making a Medicare Video for a Facility I worked for and it was the first project I did after being a stetterer for many years. I did not stutterwhile talking on it, it felt like I would rather leave the world than continue at that time. Yesterday at the Mom's Day Tea at the facility I did all the Poetry,funny quibs, and the other parts, using a mic, in front of a large room of people. I had no fear of stuttering, my voice was smooth, and all was in perfect order. So for me it was a beautiful day.VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Vonda,
You continue to be an inspiration, remembering your first couple of times with us and your hesitation to speak and your uncertainty in speaking. And now look at you gathering together with groups and speaking. What wonderful milestones you are moving through.
Have you made crackers yet? They are so easy and so tasty, you will not want to be without them once you get started and they are so much less expensive if you make them.
How did your talk go where you were to speak about your Mother? I was unavaialable at the time you called and I believe the universe intended you to find yourself moving through it and know you are richly resourced. Would love to hear about it.
Good to know you are listening to your body...a good way to find excellent health and vitality.
Blessings,
Kathleen

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My talk about my Mother was beautiful.
I have not made crackers and will be making them next weekend. Saturday Morning I am leaving for hiking and etc in Moab and will work on a crew that is completing a diasour dig, A person I know in Moab has worked on a dig with a professor from Brigman Young University. So I am going and will take Monday and Tuesday off from work. Return home later Tuesday and leave 4:30 am on Wednesday Morning to attend the CHCA Conference in Breckenridge and return home late Thursday night and back to work on Friday.
I have the apphension about being away from work. These feelings come from an aspect of that says "I don't deserve to have these opportunity/fun and if I do it". " I may have forgot something at work that will get me in trouble with the state etc." We are expecting them any day with lits of facility issues to work on. I continue to move forward, sending the messages to that well stocked Library.
Kathleen: This is a tough issue with my daughter, and I have to be brave enought to rise up and deal with it.
I just stopped typing to talk with my daughter and I allowed her to distrub my peacefulness. It's my problem not her's. As I continue to give my power away in our conversations. I observed my guilt during the conversation because I am going to do what I want to do instead of spending time with her, and I give my power away to her pouty attitude and voice sound on the phone. C. Pinkola Estes said It 's good not to spend maximun time with someone who you allow to douse your passion(the gist of her words). I find myself not wanting to share all the things I am involved in as I have told her I am too busy to visit. Symbolically it feels like going to the dentist(when we spend time together) and I only go at last resort. Wow! lots of obvious material to work on! VL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vonda,

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After giving myself some space from last night's situation I now see I had allowed my child archtype slip into the drivers seat again. It is so easy to slip back into the old pattern. Some other things I see is I just want it to be automatically different with my daughter and it will be a life time of management with her and maintaining my boundaries. I also was allowing her expectations be mine and that is silly. For example like hurry up and get the information and if you don't move at rocket speed then oh how not good. the other person I have to measure up is myself. It has taken me so many years to be able to truly reverse that in myself
I was also trying to please and who has a perfect rose garden in their world? Vl

posted Hide Post
It would be much easier to relate/work with what you are referencing, if you would say what happened. How it affected you and what exactly was questioned.
It is difficult to put it together through these self deprocating statements.
The child arcehtype will always be. It will not go away.
With the little information I have I would suggest that your daughter is reflecting for you the aspects of yourself that appear to be younger and more demanding. It isn't anything that will "go away". If you want it to "automatically" different with your daughter, that would imply a desire to disassociate from the issues and just have them go away. They are not there to punish diminish or belittle you they / and she are there to allow you to see yourself more clearly. So whatever you are "pointing the finger at her for" is what she is REFLECTING of you so that you will have a clearer picture of you.
Mother Daughter relationships are among the most powerful in working through feminine dynamics. And since you are quick to cast out the feminine in favor of the more "controlled" dynamics that make you feel more comfortable in a masculine world, I would suspect some of that is happening with your daughter.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for reminding me of the truth I so quickly cast out for another answer that is evidently easily for me to deal with. VL