www.kathleenb.com    Heart of Living    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Forums/Comments  Hop To Forums  Living Food Alchemy    Snack I enjoy!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snack I enjoy!
 Login/Join

posted
Wild Organic Sun Dried Mulberries and Wholly Cacao, both can be seen @www.therawchoice.com or @ Whole Foods. Mulberries were always a wonderful treat when I was a child and they grew on a tree in the back yard with the grape arbor. I was so pleased to experience them in this healthy form again. With these two items I will add Gogi Berries and either Raw Walnuts or Pecans. I get a double benefits of healthy snack and great flavor.
I remisced with my memories of picking black walnuts in the fall as a child and breaking off the black peeling so they could dry to be shelled around Christmas Time. I would also vist the Cementary to pick Pecans were there was an abundant source in late summer and shell them. I am glad I had these experiences with raw foods as a child, so I never truly developed the taste for the roasted ones. I was reading an article about a year ago that when the nuts are roasted all the nutrition is gone and just roasted type fiber substance, oil and salt.
Well I'll get off my soap box and leave "Each to their own choices". When walnuts are picked from the tree there is a sustance inside the shell It's like black/greenish ink inside and can take months to wear the stain from your hands after cleaning them. So I always had wired colored hands.
I was @ Whole Foods the other night and requested a sample of a raw
item to test for flavor. The young man who assisted me asked if I was a raw foodist and I stated yes I'm working the process. He stated I was for nine months and then quit because it became too expensive in the winter time. Well I referred him to this site for great classes and very easy options, lastly what I consider ecomical recipes. He took the information and said he would check it out.
I hear this same story at least 1-2 times a week about the expense and I have to smile inside(no judgement) as people need to find their own path and many are still not open to the facts.
Personally , everytime I allow myself to test something not raw I am disappointed and remind myself I just made a conscious choice and can choose more appropriately for myself the next time.
Today I gave myself the most wonderful treat. I have waited many months for this gift. I purchased the Cuisrant 14 cup food processer. I used my 20% off coupon. It was about 159.00 before tax. It is 720 watts. Anything higher in wattage was probitive for my budget. (Curinsart site wanted 799.00 for 800 watts). It will assist in my 100% raw as I burned out all my other choices and it had become challenging to prepare foods. Next I want my dehyrator and I have no doubt it will come to me when the time is right.
Also Kohls has been offering some good deals on the food saver options. I purchased mine and can see the benefits to saving money and maintaining the freshness of raw foods. Happy Eating, VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post