Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

posted
Wow! I can imagine where I will be in a year from now. There will only be the essence of me left from the past as this raw eating is automically changing my life. My energy is so much lighter. I have also started my job search. It is so exciting! My march into and eating Raw is going well. My head feels so clear. My eyes feel so wide open. I can get up and down without all that joint pain. I so enjoy not being completely preoccupied with food, and NO CRAVINGS. I had my Teeccino this morning and it was soo yummy. I like the Maya Chai. I checked out another favor I want to try. I'm making my dreamy sour cream with cucumbers this weekend It has soaked raw sunflower seeds in it. I brought Delectara Squash and I am going to experiment with it in a recipe for tomorrow. I made a dish out of Spagetti Squash, and enjoyed the favors I mixed together. I started my green Hemp Seed Shake the other day. Oh and SO Cleansing!

Several recipes call for nitritional yeast and I found some of and have not tried it yet.

Yesterday I removed all recipes/books that do not pertain to raw. I am passing my recipe box from Tammy's childhood on her. I found persons who took all the meat from my freezer, all boxes, and cans that are not in my plan.
I'm cleaning out all my closets of all clutter; disposing of boxes of papers and magazines. For the last several weeks I do not bring any of the those little health magazines in my house unless they pertain to my plan. Of course I am expecting new energy to sweep thru. In fact I am already seeing it.

I am busy sprouting several different things. I have mung beans,chia seeds, pro-vita mix, alfalfa-plus mix. Another item I am going to attempt to sprout is Organic Whole Oat Groats. Also, I want to try Quinoa.

The bottom line for me is I have dropped my shackles and said Good Bye to my Love Affair with all that crap food.

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you Vonda, it is amazing what this change can bring into one's consciousness. The teeccino is a good choice for you, well, for everyone, I also really like the Mata Chai.
I would be very hesitant to use the yeast product, even "nutritional yeast" is a fungus product that can keep the mycotoxins active in your body, particularly with the levels of acidity you have been having.
Of course you will do what you choose, I however, would not use a yeast of any kind. The fungus is feed by sugars and it creates the molding environment inside one's body just like any fungus would create...not really what leads to a toxic free zone.
Just a heads up.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you getting recipe's that call for nutritional yeast? Just curious.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what is "pro-vita"?

posted Hide Post
I'm grateful for your input as it saves time and money. You must have missed my message where I shared about my Raw Cookbook. It is called Alive in 5, Raw Gourment Meals in five minutes By Angela Elliott.

I did not buy the Nutrional Yeast because I wondered after reading the label. What would be a subtitute. Several of my recipes call for it in my book.

Organic Pro-Vita Sprouting mix has Adzuki beans, mung beans, red lentils, green lentils, wheat berries, triticale,berries, fenugreek seeds, sweet split peas.

There are also some other items I am not sure about as listed: Organic Raisins- seems have high sugar per label, Probiotic Powder- thought this might add beneficial benefits, unpasteurized miso, raw tahini, Nama Shoyu, raw olives.
Have you ever eaten Durian-it ia an Asian Fruit.
Also Colorado Bee Pollen, it was helpful to me in Ca, now I'm not sure if it is a good option. I never have honey as the sugar is too high.
VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just more positive add on: I like it now that I wake up in the morning with a clear nostils and throat, and the Arthritis in my fingers is improving.
For the past year my pain was so severe in my feet I was unable to wear my hiking boots. On Friday and Saturday I wore my hiking boots majority of the day with a decrease in pain. What a glorious improvement. I plan to snow shoe and cross country ski over Xmas holiday when I visit my daughter in the Mountains. I can again enjoy the outdoors without such pain.
I am seeing some improvement in my memory, so many new doors are opening. It is terrific when we can love ourselves enought to step beyond our current circumstances and take a risk "to Kick It up A Notch" and what wonderful surpises can be waiting for us. Thanks, VL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vonda,