www.kathleenb.com    Heart of Living    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Forums/Comments  Hop To Forums  Living Food Alchemy    Almond Butter Cups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Almond Butter Cups
 Login/Join

posted
Almond Butter Cups

1Cup Cacao Butter (Melted in Hot water)
½ Cup Cacao
½ Cup Agave
¼ teaspoon sea salt (I use and recommend Himalayan Rock Salt it is simply the best flavor enhancer)
½ Tablespoon vanilla

Almond Butter (either Raw purchased almond butter or self prepared almond butter). If you purchase it and want it Raw, be sure it says Raw, otherwise it isn't.

Prior to mixing your ingredients have your paper cups or mold ready for the butter cups as the mixture above will set up quickly.

Have all your ingredients ready to prepare quickly.

Blend first five ingredients together in food processor. Pour a covering on the bottom of your cup or mold quickly. Add desired amount of almond butter. And cover with the remainder of the chocolate mixture. (If the mixture starts to set up before your complete, melt it again by stirring while your bowl is in hot water).

Refrigerate overnight if possible, (at least 3 hours).

This will make about 16-20 small bite size almond buttercups.

*** You will have to pace yourself and learn to have everything “at hand” because the cacao mixture does set up very quickly and that makes it impossible to get a nice buttercup.

Enjoy...these are always a big hit. And if you love those Reeses' peanut butter cups you will love these even more and you suffer no guilt.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can guarantee you those Reese Peanut Butter cups will not "hold a candle" to your Almond Butter cups. Due to they are not enjoyable to me because the ingriendents have been so adultuated that it tampers with my blood sugar. Besides the peanut butter does not taste good because it is so processed, and the cholocate taste like chemical plastic.
My body has so adapted to Raw Agava that I was out of my supply and brought the not raw Agava, and it was not pleasant. So I funally got to Grand Junction to get some at Vitamin cottage. Oh! I was back to my favorite drinks with no ill effects and pure pleasure! VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post