Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

posted
Is there any way Beans can be added into the Raw Way of Eating. I do not see anything listed in my materials.

Have you seen an outlet for Food Grade Hydrogen Perixode. I used to purchase it in California, but have not found a supplier for it here. It is nice for occassional baths as it is pricey.
Thanks. VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get it online from a place called Gaurdian of Eden. It is the only place I know of.

And yes you can sprout a lot of beans. I sprout mung beans often and keep them to have on my salads. Garbanzo's are sprouted and used in many recipe's. Lentils are another. Most beans can be sprouted and used in many ways in salads, soups and recipe's. I recommend getting a sprouting chart.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect you already know, however it is important to mention. When using Food Grade Peroxide for anything to be ingested or used on the skin, it is important to dilute it. Six to one...six parts water to one part peroxide.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: February 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information . I appreciate your support. VL

Posts: 947 | Location: Denver Area | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SmilerThats what we do as my teacher Maria Elena said to me once..."we fish each other out".........

posted Hide Post
I have been checking out spourting jars as I threw all that away when I moved here. I found some options at Vitamin Cottage.
I found a great Raw Hemp Seed Shake that is full of nitrition that I will be changing to starting this weekend.
I will also be looking for the Chia Seeds and will also be looking at Walmart at that product you purchased. Thanks, VL

posted Hide Post
You really dont even need sprouting jars. Often I sprout in a bowl and then cover the bowl for the first day. After that you don't want to cover them too much anyway, they will mold. Just a money saving and "thing" saving tip.

posted Hide Post
Oh great, I can start my spourting.
Great information! Is like Glass Pyrex Bowls okay to use. Can you give me information on how you do it from start to finish, as I would rinse mine 2x a day. Do you cover with cheese cloth or what is your choice on the first day? Thanks, VL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vonda,

posted Hide Post
A glass bowl is just fine. Yes you just cover the grains with water and I cover them with anything from a paper towel to a plate on top of the bowl, whatever I have handy and seems to work. Let them sit overnight and rinse in the morning. Rinse at least 2 some grains need to be rinsed 3x daily as they will mold quickly.Wheatberries for example are tricky unless you rinse them often, keep them out of sunlight until about the third day and then they can have some sunlight. By now they should be sprouted and ready to use.